Sunday, 9 September 2012

ZARA Office City Bag - Chanel Executive Tote/Prada dupe?

ZARA OFFICE CITYBAG - £49.99
30 x 42 x 15 cm. / 12 x 17 x 6 inches


Ever since I saw the Chanel Executive Tote Bag on Fleur de Force's YouTube channel I was DESPERATE for my own. Sadly I don't have thousands of pounds available for one, so i've been on the hunt for a cheaper copy ever since! The bag I'm about to show you is also really similar to a Prada one that I don't actually know the name of!
Chanel Executive Tote Bag pictures sourced from Google
I came across a lookalike handbag (named the Office Citybag) in ZARA the other day without a price tag, and took it to the till expecting it to be around £80. When I saw it was just £49.99 I couldn't believe it!! It looks waaay more expensive and i'd have been willing to pay much more. 

The main reason I wanted this style of bag so badly is because its PERFECT for uni. As you can imagine, I have files, books, my laptop, paper and all sorts of bits and bobs I often want to take in with me, but it's quite hard to find a nice, inexpensive bag to accommodate all this and I end up struggling to carry everything. The 'Citybag' is designed for businesswomen with this problem in my opinion! 
It isn't made from leather, but a black slightly shiny material that's waterproof too, and will easily wipe down (so practical!). It's really, really sturdy and has a fixed shape - by that I mean it doesn't stretch no matter when you put in it, so will look brand new for AGES and not worn, tatty and old after a few weeks of wear! It has the standard handbag handles that I think i'll use mostly, but also comes with a strong, padded detachable shoulder strap, so you can wear it in whatever style you like. 

From the outside, it looks like a fairly plain black rectangular bag - however if you look at it from the top you'll see it's got 5 separate sections. Between each section is a fairly thick layer of padding, under a gorgeous burgundy lining, so anything you keep in there is nicely protected. 3 sections fasten with gold zips, and the other 2 fasten with gold press studs, which look so classy against the black.
The zipped sections are the ideal size for a laptop or paperwork, or anything you want to keep safe from the rain or getting stolen!
Inside one of the press stud sections is leather slots for your phone, cards and a small zipped pocket for any smaller items, maybe a lipstick or some jewellery. Inside the other section is a big zipped pocket and space to store whatever else you might want.




As you can see from the pictures, I can fit endless stuff in this bag without it stretching or breaking. 

The only issue I have is that it's fairly big for everyday use, and the material it's made from is heavy in itself even before you put all your things in. At least now I have an excuse for buying another smaller shoulder bag!
I loved the YouTube famous Bucket Bag, but in my eyes it just wasnt practical. Yeah it's quite large and waterproof, but having no zips isn't great for the winter months. Also, I would have got so frustrated having everything kicking about in one place - I like to have a lot of organised sections! 

Overall i'm so pleased with this purchase - it'll last for ages, match everything, not show the dirt, not get ruined in the rain and keep my posessions safe in all the sections. I'd highly recommend ZARA bags - they're classy, sturdy and timeless and definitely worth paying a little bit extra for. They're still a lot less expensive than most of other bags on the high street though, and much, much nicer!

18 comments:

  1. Love it , need it!!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this, I'd wanted the Chanel bag ever since I saw Fleur's video but like you I didn't have the money for it and so I'm glad you found an alternative! Thanks for sharing! I think I'll definitely have to have a look in Zara.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) im so pleased with it! I found a random one on its own in leeds but a lot of stores have sold out, so i'd get it online if i were you! x

      Delete
    2. Think I might have to then! :) Only problem with that is I usually end up falling in love with all the the other bags as well! Haha :) xx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love this bag! Need to get my hands on it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this bag! it's so nice

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bag! All the compartments are so handy like you said especially when your a student!

    Grace x

    http://littlefashionstudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!! can you do more ootd's with the zara office city bag? it's sooo similar to the prada saffiano bag. but i tried to google the zara bag so i can see it with more outfits but no luck! thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this review, I just bought mine today!! In love with it, its so prefect for work/college!! Great review :-) xxxx

    http://makeupandbeautybyrosie.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing! i just ordered my recently. so excited to receive it in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for something similar to the Prada Saffiano tote. This looks a lot like it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Chloe, lovely post :) Just wondering if the zips close comfortably with lots of things in the compartments? Because I need it for school, so I need lunch, thick books, folders etc. Does it close comfortably with the things you've pictured? I'd love to know because all of my bags in the past have broken due to bad zips and me over stuffing them, and I'm looking for a new school bag. Would love it if you answered xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) hmm its debatable. I use it for uni and its fine for a few files/books but i cant really fit wide, circular things in very well. My purse is fairly chunky and it fits but it's quite a struggle! If im going somewhere where I want my make up or bigger things I use a different bag, and keep this one just for uni work. it might be worth reading my updated post on the bag here http://chloevictoriaguest.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/update-zara-office-citybag.html because i did have some problems with the leather splitting and I wasn't really over loading it :/.
      its such a shame because I love it, but I cant say it's the best thing when you've got a lot to carry round! I might have just had a dodgy bag though so it might be okay for you. hope this helped - the post I linked above describes my experience with it in much more detail!! chloe xxx

      Delete
  11. Just ordered mine last night! Really excited. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would it be suite with a guy ? i kinda like all the funtion and design could it be unisex bag ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it definitely could to be honest!x

      Delete
  13. I really want this bag. It's such a great everyday bag. But it's always sold out! The next time I see it, it is mine!

    beautybydm.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely ordering this so I can use it for university :)

    http://thosestarsthatshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! :) ...